SCHEDULE OF BACKLOG COURSES OF 2020
1. In the wake of the latest situation of COVID-19 Pandemic, the courses scheduled at NIM for pre-monsoon and post-monsoon seasons of 2020 have been cancelled.
2. A backlog of the 2020 courses has been created, which will be covered in the year 2021. For the trainees who were allotted confirmed seats in 2020, the following options are available to attend the specially arranged additional BMC, AMC and Search & Rescue courses as under:-
(a) Special Search & Rescue Course:
11 Mar- 31 Mar 2021
(b) Option I (Pre-Monsoon): Special Basic Mountaineering Course & Advance Mountaineering Course:
01 Apr- 28 Apr 2021
(c) Option II (Post-Monsoon): Special Basic Mountaineering Course & Advance Mountaineering Course:
31 Aug- 27 Sep 2021
3. The vacancies will be distributed on first come first serve basis. The trainees who were allotted confirmed seats in pre-monsoon season of 2020, will be given priority in the pre-monsoon special course of 2021 (Option 1 above), and same will apply to backlog for post-monsoon courses of 2020 (Option 2 above). Ladies trainees of Advance Mountaineering Course Ser No 165 (2020) may opt for transferring the vacancy in Advance Mountaineering Course Ser No 168 (Ladies-2021). All other courses of 2021 are already oversubscribed and no vacancies are available.
4. Trainees of Adventure Course Ser No 225 (Girls) & Ser No 226 (Boys) of 2020 which have been cancelled can avail the vacancy in 2021 for Adventure Course Ser No 229 (Girls) & Ser No 230 (Boys) respectively. The seats will be allotted to them on preferential basis. The trainees of Adventure Courses may convey the same through e-mail at
5. There will be no extra cost for the said trainees for transfer of vacancy to 2021. The trainees can submit their option through the form given below, before 15 October 2020 (direct correspondence through email or phone for submitting the options will not be entertained).
Note: The above additional courses are only for backlog courses of 2020. The scheduled courses of 2021 will be conducted as per existing training programme.